I have mixed emotions about turning 25 today, to be quite honest. I woke up and realized I’m not nearly as far along as I thought I’d be... but I’m choosing to process that as motivation instead of petty grief and sadness, lol. I can also see where I’m going on the horizon now, but in order to get there I have some crucial advice for my ¼ century self...
* Improve your process.I’m talking as many colour coordinated calendars and sticky note notes as it takes, goddammit! Weekly lists & meal plans, workout schedules, wellness & self-reflection, daily journals, etc. A smooth system allowing me to stay on track towards achieving my goals. “If you think adventure is dangerous, you should try routine. It is lethal.” - Paulo Coelho
* Be committed, not attached.Yes, It’s okay to engross yourself in what you do and the things you are passionate about, but remember to practice non-attachment. It preserves the ability to recognize the difference between the two.
* Zoom out.On this quest for that perfect process, I have to remind myself to zoom out and remain mindful of the entire picture. If I zoom out, am I contributing to the bigger picture or does what I’m doing diminish into the background? Is this where my focus should be or should I zoom in elsewhere for a bit? Are there more elements to this picture then there were before? Zoom out and allow yourself to refocus.
* Learn to accept the apology you never got.The point of an apology is to acknowledge hurt, right? Thus making it possible to build towards correcting the imbalance and restoring fairness. Try to remember that their inability to accept responsibility for their actions is their problem, not yours. Process why you are hurt, accept the apology you never got and move along.
* It’s you.You are the person you are waiting for, its you. Be the light you seek. Be the person you want to be, for you. Put yourself before everyone and do everything in your power to protect your foundation. “I cut him out at the root, he was my favourite tree, rotting, threatening the foundations of my home.” - Warsan Shire
So that's 25... Now we just sit around and wait for 30, right? Haha jk, age is fake, time isn't real, everything is made up, stay woke! Be back next week with the details on this outfit. xo